quarto book title page in docx

Hi all,

I am using the quarto book format for a report, and the customer would like it rendered in DOCX. What is the best practice for adding a title page? Book is currently rendering with title information and TOC on the same page without a pagebreak.

The quarto documentation website shows examples of the cover-image option ported over from Pandoc for EPUB (and maybe HTML?). Does not appear to be similar for DOCX.

Thanks in advance!

When I create a Book project the first thing in the YAML "toc" is the Preface page. It is decorated with {unnumbered} so it doesn't show in the printed index on the Index page when rendered to docx. Could you convert the Preface page to the Title page?

Unfortunately, I don't know if Pandoc offers this flexibility for docx. So it is not possible easily.

This could be a feature request for Quarto to see how we can enhanced Pandoc to allow that.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.