I often run into the following frustrating scenario when running quarto docs in Workbench:
- I'll run chunks of R code interactive and manually
- Some chunks will run, but then chunks will just "stall" (clock showing in the top right)
- R is no longer running anything (I can run commands from the terminal), so the stall is not due to waiting for a process to finish
session => Interrupt Ris not available (faded out)
- If I click on any of the "clocks" for the "stalled" code chunks, I get the message:
The code in this chunk is scheduled to run later,
- If I click on the "run code chunk" button next to the "clock" button, I get the error:
Rstudio cannot execute 'Run Previous' because this notebook is already executing code. Interrupt R, or wait for the execution to complete
- ...but R is not running, and I cannot interrupt R!!!
What should be done in this all-to-common situation? I don't want to restart my R session and run my long-running quarto doc from the beginning, but that appears to be my only choice.