I've been trying to use Quarto as my thesis writing method but I ran into some problems very early on.
I wanted to use Quarto project feature since I have some experience with R projects within Rstudio, but when trying to render the output (or create a project) I got several errors.
I'm running RStudio 2022.07.1 Build 554, R version 4.2.1 (2022-06-23 ucrt), on a windows 10 Home Version 21H2 laptop, with OneDrive and Boxcryptor. Previous experience with RStudio were flawless. I created projects, worked on them, rendered RMarkdown notebooks to Word files, etc. I tried many many things to try to solve the problem, including installing, re-installing R, Rstudio and Quarto CLI. In the end, after fearing that I really screwed up the many paths, I decided to fresh install windows. (I had it coming anyways).
The following situations and problems were recreated after the fresh install (formated disk, completely new windows installation with a windows usb installation disk created about a month ago), with Boxcryptor and OneDrive both turned on and off.
After many many tries, I found that of the two OneDrive folders, only one causes problems. (filepath= D:\OneDrive - myuniversity.edu)
New Quarto project created on desktop works like a charm. Folders and files are created correctly, and when rendering (after installing prompted needed packages) I am able to render both to HTML and Word documents.
If I move that newly created Quarto folder to a OneDrive on another disk (path indicated above) I get 'ERROR: NotFound: The system cannot find the path specified. (os error 3)'
Additionally, when trying to create a new quarto project on that folder, I get ''C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.' Some files and folders are created but don't work. When creating a Quarto project on the other OneDrive, no problems are encountered.
I can create a normal RStudio project on the conflicting folder, and render output normally, even .qmd files.
Ok, I hope this sums it up. I have been trying to solve this for longer that I would like. For the time being I'm going to use a normal RStudio project. It's a pity Quarto project feature is not working though, since I liked the idea of the global yml options. Also, hopefully my experience will help the devs sort some issues.
system x86_64, mingw32
svn rev 82513
version.string R version 4.2.1 (2022-06-23 ucrt)
nickname Funny-Looking Kid