Question about Submitting a Poster at the rstudio::conf Austin Conference

Hi,
Sorry if this is in the wrong category.
Can I submit a poster for presentation at the upcoming R conference?
This year, the Colorado State demography Office posted its Colorado Demographics Dashboard (https://demography.dola.colorado.gov/community-profiles/) This tool is a shiny app that provides users with information on multiple data topics and the ability to download multiple outputs (data, tables, plots and a customized report). I would like the opportunity to demo this application and discuss the development cycle.

I could also submit a session if that is more appropriate.

Thanks
AB

1 Like

What R conference are you referring to? There are numerous conferences focused on R each year and it is nearly impossible to help you find the submission requirements without knowing which conference you are interested in submitting it to.

Sorry, I was referring to the rstudio::conf Austin Conference upcoming this January.

You mean this, right?

http://www.cvent.com/events/rstudio-conf-austin/event-summary-dd6d75526f3c4554b67c4de32aeffb47.aspx

You might want to edit your title (click the little pencil icon next to the title when you scroll to the top of the page) to say "rstudio::conf Austin", so everybody's on the same page.

Thanks, but this doesn't answer my question.
I need to present something in order to attend. I would like information about presenting a poster demonstrating our shiny application. Who do I contact about this?
TIA

It absolutely doesn’t. I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to your question. I made the suggestion in the hopes that better keywords will increase the chance that your question attracts the attention of somebody who does know.

1 Like

A request/call for abstracts/proposals hasn't gone out yet (to my knowledge). When one does go out, it will have all the requisite contact information.

1 Like

Thanks @mara,
Any idea when a call for proposals will go out? Hopefully, before the deadline for early registration.
Cheers--
AB

A call for papers will be announced at the end of August on this blog and on social media. Please subscribe to updates on posit::conf(2024) - Posit to make sure you see it. Selected speakers will be announced in October.