Question regarding new shiny server.

Hello Everyone,

I have setup a new Shiny server for a group and i'm a bit confused as to what i am missing here. I followed the installation instructions (which were pretty simple) and i have a very basic config but i am not able to load any shiny apps outside of the first location that's defined. Here's my config:

server {
listen 80;
run_as shiny
server_name myhost;

location / {
    run_as shiny;
    site_dir /srv/shiny-server;
    log_dir /var/log/shiny-server;
    directory_index on;
    }

location /mdsac {
    site_dir /srv/shiny-server/mdsac;
    directory_index on;
    }

location /apps {
    run_as shiny;
    site_dir /srv/shiny-apps;
    directory_index on;
    }

}

The permissions on /srv/shiny-server and /srv/shiny-apps
[root@shiny srv]# ll | grep shi
drwxr-xr-x 3 shiny root 47 Sep 29 14:54 shiny-apps
drwxr-xr-x 10 shiny root 4096 Sep 29 12:16 shiny-server

and the files that are in each of those directories are also the same as well ( the files are the same, just copied into each directory )

[root@shiny srv]# ll shiny-*
shiny-apps:
total 4
-r-xr-xr-x 1 shiny root 1405 Sep 29 14:54 app.R

shiny-server:
total 4
-r-xr-xr-x 1 shiny root 1405 Sep 29 14:55 app.R
[root@shiny srv]#

When i go to the website "myhost" the hello world app works fine and if i try to go to "myhost/apps/" i receive "Not Found". There is a log file that is generated and then is removed within seconds. Here is a snip of that log:

su: ignore --preserve-environment, it's mutually exclusive to --login.

Listening on http://127.0.0.1:46433

Is this a licensing thing or is there something that i'm doing wrong? Please advise. Thanks!

There was apparently something wrong with the server itself. I built a new server and used the same config and everything is working now. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.