R doesn't find an already installed package

Good morning everyone,
I have a problem transforming a R file to a HTML file. The error i was given was the following:

Error while opening file

impossible to find the object ggplotly

I really don'understand how this is possible, since I have already installed and used ggplotly in my report.
I'm relatively new to R ( and coding in general), so I'm extremely confused.

Packages only need to be installed once but they need to be loaded on each new R session you want to use them on.

Have you loaded the plotly package with library(plotly) in your current session?

Yes, but I have it written ggplotly, not plotly. Could it be the error?

I don't understand what you mean, ggplotly() is a function from the plotly package, you need to load the plotly package in order to use it.

To help us help you, could you please prepare a reproducible example (reprex) illustrating your issue? Please have a look at this guide, to see how to create one:

I solved the issue: instead of using library(plotly) I wrote library(ggplotly), thats why it didn't find it. I must have confused the function name with the package name. Quite embarassing. Thank you so much for helping me.
Have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.