R for Excel Users Workshop
9:00 AM-5:00 PM
2 Day Workshop
Dr. Allison Horst
Faculty, UC Santa Barbara
Artist in Residence, RStudio
Workshop book: rstd.io/conf20-r-excel
This course is for Excel users who want to add or integrate R and RStudio into their existing data analysis toolkit. It is a friendly intro to becoming a modern R user, full of tidyverse, RMarkdown, GitHub, collaboration & reproducibility.
Before the workshop:
We are excited to meet you at our R for Excel Users Workshop at RStudio::conf(2020) next week!
In addition to the email you received from RStudio, please do the following before Monday. It should take 20 minutes, and all software is free. If you have any issues, we will be available to help with installing from 8:30-9:00 on Monday in our workshop room. You will learn the room location when you check in for the conference.
- Download and install R and RStudio:
- R: https://cloud.r-project.org/
- RStudio: http://www.rstudio.com/download
- Follow your operating system’s normal installation process
- Create a GitHub account:
- GitHub: https://github.com
- Follow optional advice on choosing your username
- Remember your username, email and password; we will need them for the workshop!
- Download and install Git
- Git: https://git-scm.com/downloads
- Follow your operating system’s normal installation process. Note: you will not see an application called Git listed but if the installation process completed it was likely successful, and we will confirm together
- Download workshop data
- Google Drive folder: r-for-excel-data
- Click DOWNLOAD ALL and save it temporarily somewhere you will remember; we will move it together