r-forge issue with DT??

Hi I am struggling with deploying a package to shinyapps.io. continue to get the following error message:

Error parsing manifest: Unknown repository for package source: r-forge
Execution halted

When I deploy the following app:

library(shiny)
library(dplyr)
library(DT)
# Define UI for application that draws a histogram
ui <- fluidPage(

# Application title
    titlePanel("Old Faithful Geyser Data"),

# Sidebar with a slider input for number of bins 
    sidebarLayout(
        sidebarPanel(
            sliderInput("bins",
                        "Number of bins:",
                        min = 1,
                        max = 50,
                        value = 30)
        ),

# Show a plot of the generated distribution
        mainPanel(
           plotOutput("distPlot")
        )
    )
)

# Define server logic required to draw a histogram
server <- function(input, output) {

output$distPlot <- renderPlot({
        # generate bins based on input$bins from ui.R
        x    <- faithful[, 2] 
        bins <- seq(min(x), max(x), length.out = input$bins + 1)

# draw the histogram with the specified number of bins
        hist(x, breaks = bins, col = 'darkgray', border = 'white')
    })
}

# Run the application 
shinyApp(ui = ui, server = server)

I can deploy the above if I do not include DT (which I know I don't need, but for another app I do). Any idea why this would cause an issue? Is there something else that I need to do. All my current packages are up to date and I'm on 3.5.1 for R.

1 Like

The error seems to indicate that you have a r-forge package and during deployment it could not be determined from which repos it comes from. Does it mean something to you this r-forge package ?

If you think it comes from DT, have you tried to reinstall DT properly from CRAN ?

To get more informations, can you check the value of getOption("repos") and sessioninfo::session_info() (after you run the app once) ?

For reference, question related to Problem deploying shinyapp into shinyapp.io (unknown repository for package source)

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the input and idea. It turns out that my colorspace package was the one that was built on rforge. It was a dependency so it was difficult to see the issue. In order to troubleshoot based on your idea I wrote the following code after I loaded in the three or so libraries that I was using:

sessionInfo()-> info

packages_loaded <- info$loadedOnly

packages_loaded %>% 
  map_df(., ~sum(grepl(., pattern = "CRAN"))) %>% 
  gather(package, status) %>% 
  filter(status !=1)

Any non-base packages that appears I reinstalled from cran.

It worked!

3 Likes

rsconnect::appDependencies() will report the packages, versions, and the repository.

4 Likes

If your question's been answered (even by you!), would you mind choosing a solution? It helps other people see which questions still need help, or find solutions if they have similar problems. Here’s how to do it:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.