R knitr report with multiple pages

Please familiarize yourself with our cross-posting policy

In short, is not considered OK to just dump a link to other help site.

To echo the cross-posting comment above. However, I see this was posted to Stack Overflow a couple of weeks ago, but with no response.

It might help to better understand the ultimate goal, as this feels a bit like you've outlined a goal constrained by the technical path you've gone down, but that your underlying goal may be approached by an entirely different and simpler way.

I would approach this with a simple R Markdown page break. Or if you really wanted to start with two distinct PDF files and then combine then, I'd rely on the R package pdftools and pdf_combine.
Any issues with those approaches?

Thank you for the reply.
My ultimate goal is to create a function where I can pass the following
a. what needs to be printed on 1st page i.e. title, author, date etc.
b. list of R objects (can be dataframe or plots) along with their title/footers etc that needs to be printed on
separate pages after the 1st page.
As you can see, I need to print only 1 pdf/word file with all the R objects printed on separate pages along with the usual 1st page (not multiple pdfs/word documents).

May be there is some simple solution to achieve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.