R Markdown won't show plots?

My R Markdown no longer shows me plots. The code chunks load fine, no error messages. However, no plot shows in the R Markdown space. The only way I can get a plot is when I paste the the code in the console and then it shows up in the 'plots' pane.

Not having any luck in fixing it and thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling R altogether.

Plots are shown nowhere ? Please check the options in the source pane when a Rmd is opened. You should be able to select if results are shown inline or not.

Without more information and context, it will be hard to help further.

You could try updating RStudio IDE version rather than reinstalling R.

Yes, plots don't show anywhere. I've tried altering the global settings to show in-line and in the plots pane. Neither work.

I've also tried R Markdown files that I created years ago and were working fine, but they also no longer show plots. It's been an issue since I updated to R Studio 2023.03.0+386.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling R and RStudio. But the issue persists. Where can I find updates for the IDE?

Issue for the IDE are reported at GitHub - rstudio/rstudio: RStudio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for R and stable updates for RStudio are at https://posit.co/download/rstudio-desktop/

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.