R package for access Instagram data?

Hi!

Does anyone have any recommendations for packages that allow you to access/scrape Instagram data? The only ones I've been able to find through Googline are instaR and Rinstapkg, but both of them appear to be out of date.

I know its gotten significantly more restrictive to do this, but there are plenty of Python packages that work, so I assume there has to be an R package that does as well.

1 Like

I'm pretty sure those packages were designed to help you access instagram's API, however I don't see any R packages designed to access the Instagram Basic Display API that have been updated recently. I think they simply haven't kept up with fb's updates.

One nice resource I've found is a tutorial designed to help R users access these kinds of APIs without the need for a helper package. Check out APIs for Social Scientists. Written a year ago, it has a step by step guide for accessing the Instagram Basic Display API.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.