r package "translations" not available for ubuntu 18.04

This issue is not a problem, but a matter of curiosity. In the course of updating my Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 desktops to R 4.0, I noted that the Windows version includes a package "translations" that appears to contain translations of various system messages, installed as part of the R update. A parallel update on my Ubuntu 18.04 desktop did not include the translations package, and when I tried to install it manually, I was told that there was no "translations" package for R 4.0. But a Google search reveals that there is, indeed, an R package "translations," created by the R-core project team. The web site doesn't indicate that the package has been deleted from the CRAN repository, but I can't "reinstall" it on my version 4.0 R on either the Windows or Ubuntu deskop.
Warning in install.packages :
package ‘translations’ is not available (for R version 4.0.0)
But the package was installed by the R 4.0 installer in my c:\ Program Files\R\R-4.0.0\library directory.
I am assuming that the message translations are now part of the basic R program, or maybe only loaded when the installer (person) indicates a preferred language other than English, and the package parked for convenience in the library directory.
Does anyone have an accurate explanation of this conundrum?
Thanks in advance!
Larry Hunsicker

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.