have the following problem downloading package from github:
devtools::install_github('walkerke/tigris') Error in
curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = h) : Could not resolve host:
I was able to do this successfully last night, but then I had some other issues downloading some shapefiles from census. Meanwhile downloading package from github did work. So here is what I did:
- I unchecked Use IE library/proxy for HTTP and I tried to create a new .renviron file with proxy. that did not solve the problem with census.
- I re-checked IE proxy setting, and I deleted the .renviron file that I created (going back to how it was). Now I started having problem with github (resolving host).
- I removed CURL and HTTR. I reinstalled them. That did not help
- I deleted CURL and HTTR folder libraries manually and reinstalled them. that did not help.
- I had R and R studio completely uninstalled, deleted folders and then installed. However I still get that error.
"curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = h) : Could not resolve host: api.github.com".
I am just trying to get refresh everything I can, to get to the point I was last night when I could do successfully without errors resolving host the following:
Back when this worked (yesterday), I did not have any special proxy settings, and I did not have .renviron file. This stopped working when I created and then deleted .renviron file.
What else can I do?
Thank you for your help!