Just to make sure, my understanding is that there are 4 different options to write code in R in RStudio:
- Type code interactively in the console
- Create a R script (Extension .R)
- Create a R notebook (extension .rmd)
- Create a R markdown doc (extension .rmd)
- Create a quarto doc (extension .qmd)
I am slightly confused about options 3. , 4. , 5. They all seem very very similar in the final output. Is that a correct? I believe the quarto doc markdown is slightly different from the R markdown syntax...I just don't appreciate the different options...Should I stick with creating R notebook? Both R notebook is R markdown are files with the same extension .rmd
The best way seems to start a new project (which is equivalent to simply creating a folder) for each, obviously different type of project and create docs that will then get automatically saved in that project folder...