R Server on LINUX- Open program script from a folder different from your home folder

Is there a way to open a program script file that is located in a different folder than your home folder? I attempted to do it in the LINUX terminal and it works in the terminal but doesn't pass through to R.

What did you do?
An example would be great. I do it often and never encounter an issue (unless the path is wrong)

This is the code I tried using to open the files. It just opens it in the terminal instead of opening the script. The picture shows the program open in the terminal.

agouveia@p-lin-01:~$ xdg-open /home/kjackson/Test/test.R

There is a "Files" pane in RStudio that should be there. You can go to View > Show Files or just do Ctrl+5 on Windows to have it appear. By default, you will be in your home directory or the project directory if working in a project. Within the Files pane, on the right side next to the RStudio cube logo, select the ellipsis (...) icon to browse to any directory on your disk.

Works.. Thanks, michaelbgracia!!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.