R session aborted when loading package "glmulti"

Hi all,

I have recently updated my R and RStudio to the most recent version (4.2.0 and 2022.02.3, respectively) and ever since, the package glmulti fails to work. Every time I load the package in RStudio, the session aborts at the moment when it tries to load the dependent packages rjava and leaps. I updated all dependent packages to the most recent version, but this was not the solution. However, when I load the package in the R standalone application, it works perfectly, so my guess is that the problem lies somewhere within RStudio. Below I attached the output for sessionInfo("glmulti").

I hope somebody can help me out! :slight_smile:

R version 4.2.0 (2022-04-22 ucrt)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19044)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Dutch_Belgium.utf8 LC_CTYPE=Dutch_Belgium.utf8 LC_MONETARY=Dutch_Belgium.utf8
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME=Dutch_Belgium.utf8

attached base packages:
character(0)

other attached packages:
[1] glmulti_1.0.8

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_4.2.0 graphics_4.2.0 tools_4.2.0 utils_4.2.0 grDevices_4.2.0 remotes_2.4.2
[7] stats_4.2.0 datasets_4.2.0 methods_4.2.0 base_4.2.0 fortunes_1.5-4

Hi, I had the same issue . I was able to fix it by installing the new version of R (R 4.2.1). Also worth noting, the gmulti package requires the package rJava when using windows . It is also quite sensitive to the version of R and Java you are using. For my set up, I am using Windows 10 (64-bit), R 4.2.1, Java 8 and the latest version of R-Studio. Hope this helps some :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.