R session doesn't respond to any code I run in Rstudio

Hi there,

I've encountered a bug today that I've seen in the forum, but strangely most reported in R ver. 4.2, while mine in 4.1.3.

After dealing with a big task, the IDE turned slow, and I restarted the computer. Then the problem showed up as described in my title, session panel seemed to freeze, but when I checked the task management. CPU usage of R session is relatively high, and memory consumption is even slowly growing.
d748955552964977fb22957f041982c

But when I open R GUI or other IDE (VS Code for example), nothing happened, and R code runs smoothly.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the R / Rtools / Rstudio and reboot the system more than once, but it does no help.

My session info is as follows. I get se session info in vs code, don't if it helps:

Session Info

sessionInfo()
R version 4.1.3 (2022-03-10)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19044)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936
[2] LC_CTYPE=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936
[3] LC_MONETARY=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_4.1.3 cli_3.3.0 jsonlite_1.8.0 rlang_1.0.2

Thanks in advance for any help to provide.
Yifan

====
supplementation:
I wait the Rstudio for about 10 minutes, and it unfreezes, but the Qt_webengine takes nearly 1 Gig of memory.
I then restarted the session, and the problem still disappear. But when I relaunched Rstudio, the problem showed again.

Have you tried resetting RStudio's state?

Does this happen when you are on a specific project? Are you restoring your previous environment on startup?

thanks @andresrcs! I reset the state and it worked.
I didn't use Rproject today, and not restoring anything, so the problem is quite puzzling me.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.