R shiny - deploy an app without server

Hi,

I have a statistical cursus and my computer skills are limited. Apologize if this topic was already studied but i didn't find resources about the subject.

I would like to know if there is a way to launch/deploy a R Shiny application without use shinyapps.io, shinyserver etc.

The files inside app.R repertory are confidential so i can't allow users of the company to access the files/code.

I read dockerizing application could be one alternative but i don't find resources on a intern enterprise context.

Is there other way, more archaic, like install R/RStudio of the laptop's users, share repertory contening files and code (put a password on repertory, files, app.R (i'm not sure it's possible)...) and run App with a terminal command ?

Thanks in advance

If your users are on windows you could consider RInno for installing local shiny apps.

These are some of its characteristics

• Provides a clean user experience similar to installing any other program
  • Requires no R programming skills nor a previous installation of R to install your app, many users don’t even know R is being used
  • Does not share data/code with a third party or require server software
  • Can be extended to support continuous installation from GitHub and/or BitBucket
  • Can be easily uninstalled using the Windows Control Panel
  • Is low maintenance for R developers because most steps are fully automated
  • Logs start up errors so that you can follow up with specific user’s needs

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.