R Studio crashes when loading Seurat package

Hi everyone,

I am a relatively new RStudio users. I have been analysing single cell data using the Seurat package. Yesterday everything was working fine, I saved the Script like I usually do (command+s for Mac).

This morning I went to open RStudio and the following error occurs:
Error occurred while checking for updates.Unable to establish connection with R session Rstudio

followed by:
R encountered a fatal error. The session was terminated.

followed by:
null

Shutting down my computer and restarting seemed to solve this problem.

However, when I go to install and load the Seurat package, it causes RStudio to crash with the following error:

library(Seurat)

R Session aborted. R encountered a fatal error. The session was terminated.

I have tried to install and load Seurat in R, but it also causes R to quit.
The other packages that I usually use seem to install and load fine.

I am using MacOSX Catalina, 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 and 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Memory.

I'm not sure what to do from here and any help would be very welcome.

Thank you.

I have exactly the same problem. Beginning of the week everything worked fine, now my R session is aborted everytime I try to load the seurat library

I've been having the same problem since last week. Has anyone found a solution yet ?

Cheers,
T.

Also having the exact same issue...anyone found a solution?

Okay I found a solution...if you delete the package "reticulate" ...then Seurat loads normally

Unfortunately when I try this @DB_science I get the following error message:

remove.packages("reticulate")
Removing package from ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
library(Seurat)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘Seurat’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
there is no package called ‘reticulate’

Try:
remove.packages('reticulate')

remove.packages('Seurat')

install.packages('Seurat')

library(Seurat)

and wherever it asks if you wanna compile from source say no

Great! This worked, thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.