RStudio for Mac - Error reading R script (), system error 2 (No such file or directory); Unable to find libR.dylib in expected locationswithin R Home directory /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources.

Hi ! I have tried to download R Studio for Mac using the latest version available on the site, but I received this message when I tried to open it:

Error reading R script (), system error 2 (No such file or directory); Unable to find libR.dylib in expected locationswithin R Home directory /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Did you install base R prior to installing RStudio?

No, I haven't. Thanks for your reply. I will try to download it and see. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thanks a lot indeed . It works ! hurray!

1 Like

Hi! I'm new to using R and I'm also having the same problem that BushraJahadli did. How do you install base R for Mac? I've tried to search for some, but I've only been able to find download options for Windows.

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/

Click on R-4.1.0.pkg under Latest release.

Then go here: Download the RStudio IDE - RStudio

Click on MacOS.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

yup, that worked! thank you!

That worked! Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.