It all started when I just want to update Rstudio when I planned to start working on my code. I had R 4.3.0 and RStudio some 2022 version on a Win 11 system, and I decided to update them all.
As I've searched online and there're couple of discussions on why "R does not appear to be installed. please install R before using rstudio", and turned out these guys just forgot to install R.
I've tried the following approaches, but none of them worked.
- Restart my computer (LOL)
- Uninstall and resinstall R and Rstudio
- Try older versions of R and Rstudio
- Register R path, my R is at "D:\R-4.3.1"). I did not use the default C disk -- I know, I know, I really regret allocating such small space for my system disk.]
- Suggestions similar to this thread ''You have to download r before using r studio'' - #7 by dantolis
- Give up saving my disk space in C and installed R in the default C:\xxxx location.
None of these works. I got a lot of work to do, I've got a family of datasets to feed (unfortunately chatgpt plugin/data interpreter cannot help). I'm a bit desperated and would like to seek help here.