After the weekend I tried to log into r studio and found that after opening the application R studio would open to a white screen, but remain unresponsive. I initially was writing this post to ask for assistance, but now am simply writing to show how I fixed the problem should anyone run into this problem in the future. Here was what I tried prior to finding the solution:
- Restarting computer and trying again
- Uninstalling R studio and reinstalling
- Uninstalling R studio (again) and uninstalling R and reinstalling both again.
- Uninstalling R studio and downloading the zip (again) rather than the executable installation file.
- Uninstalling R studio (again) and downloaded a previous version.
If you have gotten this far, maybe you do need the answer like I did. Note that I am running on Windows 10. I found that clicking the R studio application icon while holding down control allows for different options on how to load r studio.
Here you are given the option for installation instructions. Assuming you are on a 64 bit machine, such as mine I needed to change the rendering engine to Software. R studio now opens and works as it should.
I hope this threat finds someone prior to them utilizing their morning mental computing prior to solve this simple, albeit frustrating, problem in the future!
All the best