R studio update (2022.07.1+554): unable to download "rmarkdown" package since the new update

Hi all - I have updated my R studio desktop to 2022.07.1+554, which I believe was just released a few days ago. Ever since that update, I have not been able to run any commands on my notebook or .RMD files, and have been unable to create any new .RMD or notebook files. Every time I try to open a new notebook file, the R studio says I need to download a newly updated "rmarkdown" package. I click install, but every installation attempt fails ("execution halted"). Basically, the package "rmarkdown" completely disappeared from my library ever since updating it to that brand new version. I have tried everything possible option at this point (even consulted with R experts at my current university and integrated their suggestions), including complete uninstall/reinstall, etc. Apparently others around me are having similar problems too, and I was wondering if anyone else here is having similar issues since updating to 2022.07.1+554? Thank you for your assistance.

RStudio is an IDE for the R programming language but it has no direct effect on your R package library beyond requiring some minimal versions to implement some GUI functionalities (like the render button).
We need more information to help you with this specific problem, what is the complete console output you get if you try to manually install rmarkdown?

install.packages("rmarkdown")

I am having the same issue. I'm unable to paste the entire output of the console as requested above, but the first issue I see seems to have to do with permissions for xfun, which is pasted below. I don't know how to solve this. Any help would be appreciated.

Warning in install.packages :
cannot remove prior installation of package ‘xfun’
problem copying C:\Users[my name]\OneDrive\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\00LOCK\xfun\libs\x64\xfun.dll to C:\Users[my name]\OneDrive\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\xfun\libs\x64\xfun.dll: Permission denied
restored ‘xfun’

Yours is not necessarily the same issue so it would have been better if you posted your own topic.

To avoid disturbing other people's topic, I'm going to very briefly address your problem here. R has known issues with package libraries set in cloud-synced folders, change your package library to a non-synced folder.

If you need more specific help, please open your own topic.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.