R version no longer given when start RStudio

I just updated both R and RStudio to versions 4.0.1 (Windows) and 1.3.959, respectively.

Upon launching RStudio, I no longer see the usual R information in the console, including the version number, etc. Here is what I see when I open R, which I used to also see when I opened RStudio:

R version 4.0.1 (2020-06-06) -- "See Things Now"
Copyright (C) 2020 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
Type 'license()' or 'licence()' for distribution details.

Natural language support but running in an English locale

R is a collaborative project with many contributors.
Type 'contributors()' for more information and
'citation()' on how to cite R or R packages in publications.

Type 'demo()' for some demos, 'help()' for on-line help, or
'help.start()' for an HTML browser interface to help.
Type 'q()' to quit R.

Was this done on purpose by RStudio? I personally prefer to be able to quickly see the R version with which I'm working, without having to go to my Start menu, find R, and see what version is currently installed.

I know it's minor and clearly what I wrote above is a reasonable work-around, but I just wonder if this was done on purpose by RStudio and why.

I have not been affected by this (I am on Linux) but there seems to be an issue with 4.0.1 on the Windows environment; see https://twitter.com/pdalgd/status/1270472438812377088

If I am right the issue should go away quietly by itself in two weeks or so with the 4.0.2 release.

Ah ha! Good find! Thanks for that. Glad to know it will be fixed in the near future.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.