R version session is missing in RStudio 1.3

I no longer see the R version info when loading the RStudio IDE after I install the new version 1.3.

Does anyone know how to turn on the R version info back on or is this the expected behavior?

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.47.31 AM|690x494

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue! It appears if I right-click and select 'reload', but I want it to appear on its own each time!

When I open Rstudio, the usual startup message ("R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22) -- "Taking Off Again" ... Type 'q()' to quit R.") does not appear.
It seems to only appear if I right-click and 'reload'.
I have re-installed Rstudio, and nothing changes. The startup message appears every time I open R, so this makes me think it is an Rstudio-related thing.

@donyunardi and @Lena.M Thank you for letting us know! We're looking into it.

2 Likes

Here's the github issue Ron filed for this. You can track the progress of resolving the bug there.

In the meantime, when in doubt, you are able to get this information via a number of R functions.

R.version # returns most of your platform information
Sys.getenv() # returns environment info, including language and time zone. 
Sys.getlocale() # returns just time settings.  

Hi there! The issue is resolved in the upcoming RStudio 1.4 Wax Begonia release which is currently in development.
Thanks!

Ron Blum
Quality Assurance Engineer, RStudio IDE Team

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.