Rcmdr doesnt instal on R 4.0.2

Rcmdr doesnt install on R 4.0.2.
Error message says it is on account of stats package which is not available for R 4.0.2.
Please help.
error:
Loading required package: stats
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘stats’ in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
unable to load shared object 'C:/Program Files (x86)/R/R-4.0.2/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':
LoadLibrary failure: The specified module could not be found.

Error: package ‘stats’ could not be loaded

I'm running R 4.0.2 and I most certainly have stats which a core base R package... (i.e. its version number is 4.0.2 in line with the R release number).

Maybe your installation was incomplete, or went bad ? I would reinstall R if I was facing this issue.

Thanks. Will reinstall R and retry.

Thank you. After removing R and reinstalling it, Rcmdr works.
However, scores of packages have to be reloaded one by one. Updating them using the update feature in Rstudio is not sufficient. When I try to start Rcmdr, I get an error message that a particular package has to be reloaded after updating to R 4.0. I instal that package and try to restart Rcmdr. Now another error message is diplayed asking for another package to be reloaded after updating to R 4.0. This went on for hours.

its normal when upgrading a system like base R , that libraries will need higher versions installed.
you can use convenience functions like update.packages to reduce the effort, though your computer might still take some time to process the changes.

After updating R you have to update your packages with checkBuilt = TRUE

update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE)

Thank you. Will do it. So this updates the packages to their respective latest versions. Is it the same as update packages in RStudio?

Not exactly, the checkBuilt option means that it's going to reinstall packages that where compiled with a different R version.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.