Reading Excel Files

Hi all,

I'm new to R and am trying to get the program to read an excel file. I've installed the readxl package, but when I try to use it, I get this error:

Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]) :
there is no package called ‘lifecycle’

Do you know how I can fix it?

The error message is telling you that you are missing a package dependency, try installing it

install.packages("lifecycle")

Thanks! I've tried to install the lifecycle package but it doesn't seem to work. I keep getting this message:
Warning: invalid package 'C:\Users\Chris'
Warning: invalid package 'Yip\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp6ZbYN5/downloaded_packages/lifecycle_1.0.0.tar.gz'
Error: ERROR: no packages specified
In R CMD INSTALL
Warning in install.packages :
installation of package ‘lifecycle’ had non-zero exit status

Do you know how to fix it?

I can't be sure since you are not posting the complete output message but it seems to me your library path includes non-ASCII characters or empty spaces, R has problems with that very often.
If that is indeed the case, you can avoid this problem by setting your default package library somewhere else. You can change the default library folder by setting your R_LIBS_SITE environmental variable on a .Reviron or .Rprofile file

# In a .Renviron file you can set it by adding this line
R_LIBS_SITE="C:\\Program Files\\R\\R-4.0.3\\library"

For a more detailed explanation, you can read this blog post

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.