paid / remote / full-time
Recast is an R-first company and we run R in production. Lots of R. Our core product requires running massive machine-learning / model-fitting code on remote servers, storing and managing metadata and results in S3, and processing data on-the-fly via R code running on remote servers accessible via APIs. All that is to say: we are serious software engineers using R for serious software engineering, not just academic or research projects.
You'll get to join a team of academics putting cutting-edge research into production for commercial uses. We are pushing the limits of what's possible with computational statistics in general and R in particular. Our customers are managing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of advertising budgets via our platform, and your work will have an impact.
We're hiring a senior software engineer to help us build the future of media measurement.
As a senior software engineer, you’ll be working with a team of other software engineers, data scientists, and statisticians to bring a totally new type of software product to market. Recast is operating at the frontier of what a software product can be and we need sophisticated software engineers that can help us push the R language to its limits.
What you'll do in your first 6 months:
- Develop a database backend for tracking complex job metadata
- Work with data scientists to “productize” independent analyses into things that work seamlessly for all customers
- Help develop end-to-end test suites for our complex serverless and multi-language infrastructure
Things you probably have experience in:
- Deep understanding of R, including object-oriented frameworks
- Developing and managing CRAN-quality packages
- Using R in “production” environments
- CI/CD and complex testing environments
Things that should excite you that might scare off other folks:
- Working with complex serverless infrastructure
- Taking data scientists complex analyses and turning them into well-tested production code
- Working independently on a very complex codebase with inconsistent test coverage
What we offer you:
Work wherever you’re happiest. We're fully remote
- Competitive remote salary along with early stage equity
- Your local holidays plus unlimited PTO (minimum 2 weeks mandatory PTO!)
- Minimal standing meetings with frequent collaboration and async by design
- Autonomy and support to do your best work in your own time
Note: Recast is committed to building a diverse team so if you are from an under-represented background in tech (e.g., women, non-white, etc.) please apply even if you don’t necessarily check all of the boxes here.
While Recast is officially based in the US, we're a fully remote team (one founder lives in Brooklyn, the other in Mexico City with team members across the world).
Apply to this position
Please apply here - https://recast.crew.work/jobs/6362b5d671d75ce483dff52a