Recommended packages for Design of Experiments and Definitive Screening Designs

I have used the daewr and rsm packages in the past to create very simple designs. However they seem to have a lot of limitations (ex. maximum number of 7 factors for Box Behnken designs in rsm, number of factors must be between 4 and 7 for Definitive Screening Designs in daewr) that I don't experience in JMP.

Are there other packages I should consider? Is this an area where commercial software is more advanced than R?

You can check these here:
CRAN Task View: Design of Experiments (DoE) & Analysis of Experimental Data (r-project.org)

I have yet to hear a single case where a commercial package is more advanced than R, but I'm happy to hear of any.

Thank you for providing this list. It's very useful.

I've migrated almost all my work to R over the past 5 years, but Design of Experiments is one area where I've still been going back to JMP... Looking forward to learning more though.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.