paid // Washington, DC // full-time
Who We Are
Red Oak Strategic is a full-stack data science consulting and research firm, specializing in innovative data solutions, powerful analytics, research techniques and mobilization tactics. Our firm works with financial, technology, corporate, political, non-profit and other clients to design, build, support and enhance their data and analytics strategies.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic firm and work with a broad set of clients on challenging data-driven problems. As part of our team, you will work hand-in-hand with senior data scientists on data wrangling, pipeline engineering, and model development among other tasks. Responsibilities will include data cleansing, basic code base updates, exploratory data analysis and developing reports. We expect this position and its responsibilities to grow with your skillset with future opportunities as a full-time data scientist.
We are currently hiring for the position of Analyst at our Washington, DC office. We are hiring full time, as well as being open to contract work. Some travel required. (Would consider a remote option for exceptional candidates)
What We Do
The Red Oak Strategic team provides full-stack solutions for our clients ranging from inception of databases, data engineering, predictive analytics all the way to data visualizations and business intelligence. Our data scientists not only consult on the design and implementation of solutions, but are practicing developers who work with cutting edge tools and libraries to meet our clients’ most stringent needs.
Who We’re Looking For
We need a flexible, creative, driven and knowledgeable analyst to help us execute descriptive and prescriptive data analytics, as well as build reports and data visualizations to provide our clients with actionable insights. You will work closely with both our client team and data scientists to use input and customer needs to innovate in our product space. Our team gets exposure to a wide variety of clients, diverse datasets and challenging problems every day, which keeps work fresh and solutions ever-changing.
You will need to have …
- A basic/intermediate level of proficiency with the R programming language
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to datasets to answer business problems
- Ability to create data visualizations
- A familiarity with machine learning concepts/algorithms
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- At least some SQL query writing experience (1-2 years)
- Must have excellent general computing skills including fluency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Docs * BA or BS Degree
Even better if you have…
- Experience with the Tidyverse suite of R packages (dplyr, ggplot2, tidyr, etc.)
- Experience with version control software (Git)
- Experience withAmazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Lambda, Redshift)
- Experience with R Shiny dashboards and applications
- Experience with Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience with Python Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
Please reach out to email@example.com and mention RStudio Community in your email.