ReDaMoR: a Relational Data Modeler in R
Authors: Patrice Godard
Working with Shiny more than 1 year
Abstract: The aim of ReDaMoR is to manipulate relational data models in R. It provides functions to create, import and check relational data models. These functions are accessible through a graphical user interface made with Shiny.
The ReDaMoR package allows the manipulation of relational data models in R. It provides functions to create, import and save relational data models. These functions are accessible through a graphical user interface made with Shiny.
A plublic instance of the Shiny app is available here.
The main features of ReDaMoR are the following:
- Create data model from scratch with a graphical user interface
- Save data model in a json format
- Import SQL data model generated with MySQL Workbench
- Document data types as R types (character, numeric, logical, …)
- Add comments to tables and fields to improve model documentation
- Check and auto-correct model constraints (types, keys, uniqueness, mandatory fields)
- Confront data to the model to check their compatibility
The package can also be tested in Rstudio Cloud.
library(ReDaMoR) m <- model_relational_data()
You can also run the code documented in the package vignette.
This work was entirely supported by UCB Pharma (Early Solutions department).
Keywords: relational data model, documentation, SQL, foreign keys
Shiny app: https://pgodard.shinyapps.io/ReDaMoR/
RStudio Cloud: https://rstudio.cloud/project/1033803