removing "published in RSOS" in rmarkdown paper generated using rticles rsos template

When you create a paper for Royal Society Open Science using the RMarkdown template in rticles, it will include a box at the bottom that reads:

© 2014 The Authors. Published by the Royal Society under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License Licenses List | Creative Commons by/4.0/, which permits unrestricted use, provided the original author and source are credited.

We are going to post our submission as a preprint, so it will be confusing for readers -- they may think the paper has already been submitted. I don't see how to remove this or turn the paper into a draft (rsos_draft is not recognized)

Without trying to make a mock paper using the template, the best I can suggest is to save to TeX and remove the footnote manually.

This is included in rsos.clsclass file provided by RSOS here https://royalsocietypublishing.org/rsos/for-authors
I don't see any option or configuration on ho to remove it. You need to ask them, or use another format for preprint which would use another class file. (rticles format is using the rsos.cls file )

You should contact them to understand / learn how to hide this box for pre print.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.