Renaming in Scope does not work: just types an 'M' character

I have never been able to use 'Rename in Scope' in RStudio. I have been able to use it in other people's machines, but in neither of my two machines (nor in one of my colleague's). This has been a constant through the years, so it is not an issue of a specific RStudio version.

What happens: I highlight a given value, it shows a box around all the other occurrences of the same value, but once I press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+M it just types a single uppercase "M" in the highlighted instance. None of the resources I've seen shows this behavior, nor mention any other detail I might be missing.

Other similar hotkeys pose no trouble (as Ctrl + Shift + M, for the pipe; or Ctrl + Shift + Alt + Up, for moving the active cursor up; or Ctrl + Shift + Alt + P, for running all code chunks above in RMarkdown).

Is there any specific setting that could disable this functionality by accident?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.