reticulate and pipenv

Has anyone been successful using pipenv within RStudio? It is supposed to work per Support for pipenv? · Issue #1006 · rstudio/reticulate (github.com). However, it does not for me.

The pipfile in the project directory exists in the home directory. When I run reticulate::py_config() reticulate opens another conda environment. The pipfile is ignored.

I have nothing in my Rprofile files - the default and project level files are empty. I have cleared all environment variables from my Windows 11 machine related to Python or RETICULATED_PYTHON.

As I begin to work more heavily with Python in RStudio, pipenv is a better solution than spawning many conda envs. I can use VS Code to perform this work successfully. However, I much prefer to stick with RStudio if at all possible. This

Hopefully someone has figured this out. Even more hopeful is formal support for pipenv within reticulate.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.