Reticulate and pypy - how to link reticulate to a pypy distro?

Hi there, I was trying to use reticulate in RStudio and to get it to use pypy rather than a "standard" python distro. The website for pypy seems to indicate that internally it is almost totally compatible with basePython - so I wondered if I might be able to link it with a Shiny dashboard to speed it up!

Since the internet seems silent on this I'm either asking the dumbest question out there, or this just perhaps this could be a useful question to ask.

I'm on Windows.

When I tried, I did the following:

• I pointed recticulate to pypy executable using the REviron method (LINK)
  • tried loading reticulate "require(reticulate)"

I got this message:

"Error in py_initialize(config$python, config$libpython, config$pythonhome, :
python37.dll - The specified module could not be found."

Of course there is no "python37.dll" in the pypy root folder - but might there be an alternative .dll I could point reticulate to (or in a hacky way rename)? For example there is a file called "libpypy3-c.dll"

Any pointers gratefully received!

Russ

Have you tried setting your python executable with reticulate::use_python()?

good point, I wasn't particularly clear about what I've tried. Have now updated the original post

But to be clear, yes I tried reticulate::use_python() ?that and it doesn't seem to be working.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.