revdepcheck problems

I continually have problems getting revdepcheck to do what it is supposed to do, and I wonder if anyone has ideas how to fix this. I get errors such as this:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tseries’:
     package ‘quadprog’ was installed by an R version with different internals; it needs to be reinstalled for use with this R version
    Execution halted

If I reinstall quadprog the error is not fixed.

Then I get zillions of errors of the form "Packages suggested [or required] but not available for checking: ..." Yet every one of the packages listed are already installed on my system.

Running R 3.5.3 on Ubuntu 18.04 with all packages updated to latest CRAN releases.

1 Like

I continually have problems running revdepcheck too. I'm trying to upload my first CRAN package, but I'm stuck on checking all downstream/reverse dependencies.

I'm doing everything as the second edition of Hadley Wickham's book suggests. I solved all pending issues indicated by devtools::check(), however I'm not able to make the verification of reverse dependencies using the functions devtools::revdep_check() and revdepcheck::revdep_check() as suggested by Mr. Wickham.

With devtools::revdep_check() I have the following error:

> devtools::revdep_check()
Error: 'revdep_check' is not an object exported from 'namespace: devtools'

With revdepcheck::revdep_check() the following appears:

> revdepcheck::revdep_check(num_workers = 4)
── INSTALL ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────── 2 versions ──
Installing CRAN version of voice
Error: (converted from warning) package ‘voice’ is not available for this version of R

A version of this package for your version of R might be available elsewhere,
see the ideas at
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html#Installing-packages

Running R 4.0.3 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 also with all packages updated to latest CRAN releases.

> version
               _                           
platform       x86_64-apple-darwin17.0     
arch           x86_64                      
os             darwin17.0                  
system         x86_64, darwin17.0          
status                                     
major          4                           
minor          0.3                         
year           2020                        
month          10                          
day            10                          
svn rev        79318                       
language       R                           
version.string R version 4.0.3 (2020-10-10)
nickname       Bunny-Wunnies Freak Out     

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is. I also posted on this link, any help is welcome.

Bonus: When I tried to install via install.packages('revdepcheck', dep=T):

Warning message:
package ‘revdepcheck’ is not available for this version of R
A version of this package for your version of R might be available elsewhere,
see the ideas at https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html#Installing-packages

The solution was to install directly from GitHub:

devtools::install_github('r-lib/revdepcheck')

Best regards,
fz