Rmarkdown parameterized reports file max size

Hi,
I know this has been addressed before (RStudio Connect + Rmarkdown: Maximum Upload Size Exceeded), but the issue was closed without a solution.
To reiterate - the GUI for interactive parameter input in Rmarkdown (Knit with Parameters) does not accept files bigger than 5 Mb. In Shiny it is clear that this can be solved by options(shiny.maxRequestSize = ...). For pure Rmarkdown (no runtime: shiny) this is still an issue. The option to use text instead of file input is not that good, because the idea of having a GUI is aimed at users that do not want to or can not type file paths.

Best,
Angel

Thanks for pinging on this! We definitely have continued thinking about this issue and a way to improve the experience on Connect. Are you encountering this issue on RStudio Connect or interactively within the RStudio IDE?

If on Connect, is the fileInput parameter working for you when you upload a file smaller than 5 Mb? Do you mind sharing what version of RStudio Connect and operating system you are running on?

If in the RStudio IDE, would you mind sharing a bit about how users get to this state? Do they just open the Rmd file and "Knit with Parameters," but are not confident with file path references and such? Essentially using the RStudio IDE primarily for its GUI-like data exploration and report generation?

1 Like

Hi,
I want to use the Knit with Parameters feature on RStudio IDE, where the users open a Rmd file and select Knit with Parameters to generate a report. The users are not confident with the path, and in addition the files may have long names. Also, please note I have opened a github issue on this, I am mentioning it just to avoid duplications.
Thanks!
Angel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.