ROauth Save Error On R Cloud

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Twitter with R studio and ROauth. However when I try using direct authentication I experience the following issue

[1] "Using direct authentication"
Use a local file ('.httr-oauth'), to cache OAuth access credentials between R sessions?

I type 1 into the console for YES. However when I try to run the line of code that searches for mentions of Samsung. The following happens

> source('/cloud/project/scripter.R')

Then when 1 press one again. The console displays the following and does not pull mentions from twitter and display it in the console. Instead it prints the following.

[1] 1

Look forward to having some support as I am really enjoying everything about R so far.

You can see the attached image for more information

Regards, Simeon

are you trying to do the OAuth dance from scratch? Or are you using a Twitter package?

Also, this does not seem like an RStudio.cloud question at all. Nothing about this has to do with RStudio.cloud that I can see.

Hi,

Thanks @jdlong for taking the time to review my question.

I am running R studio on the cloud by using the following website.

https://login.rstudio.cloud

Yes I am trying to run twitter. See below for my rscript

key="KEY"
secret="KEY"

atoken="KEY"
asecret="KEY"

setup_twitter_oauth(key,secret,atoken,asecret)

searchTwitter("Samsung")

Thanks Again,
Simone

You are actually having problems with the twitteR package that you are using on a rstudio session hosted on rstudio cloud, that is different than having issues with rstudio cloud itself.

This message is not a prompt asking for an input is just the output of running scripter.R

source('/cloud/project/scripter.R')

Maybe this blog post may help you setting up twitteR package.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.