paid/ full-time / Germany, Bavaria, Penzberg
Our department is part of Research and Development at Roche Centralized and Point of Care Solutions . We focus on the application and development of statistical and mathematical methods to assess assay performance during development, in operation, in external clinical studies and in routine use by professional customers of Roche Diagnostics. Further general information about our data science activities can be found on our Code4Life website.
As part of the Biostatistics and Data Science R&D department, we are a small and motivated team that operates and continuously develops a data warehouse ( cobas Cube ) that contains huge amounts of refined measurement data. Systematic patterns must be identified in our database and extracted from a complex, heterogeneous set of influencing factors and existing disruptive factors. In addition, we implement algorithms to answer questions about predictive maintenance, to create customer profiles or to business-relevant aspects through the use of suitable modeling techniques, e.g. neural networks, machine learning or time series modeling.
- You will identify systematic patterns that can be used to answer specific predictive maintenance issues using our large data infrastructure
- You use your profound knowledge of machine learning, data mining and / or deep learning to develop high-precision prediction models
- You transfer your developed models into a productive environment
- You will conduct training courses and internal consulting in order to respond to customer inquiries or product developments
- You are part of a highly motivated team that has a lot of experience in this field and uses the most modern equipment
Our desired profile
- You know how to analyze big data and have an excellent knowledge of data mining techniques
- You are passionate about researching complex technical relationships and have a keen interest in acquiring detailed knowledge of Roche Diagnostics' core products
- A good background in life sciences and medicine is an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, sound knowledge of English required, German is a plus
- Working in a team is a matter of course for you, but you also have the ability to work independently in an agile environment
- Academic degree in data science, statistics, mathematics or related fields, preferably with a specialization in machine learning or deep learning, doctorate is a plus
- You have extensive experience with statistical software tools such as R and Python as well as with SQL programming
- The visualization of the results is a core competence: You are experienced with tools such as R Shiny, Tableau or Spotfire
- Experience in modeling predictive maintenance is a strong plus
This position is limited to 3 years.
Your letter of application
Very pragmatic: Please only upload your résumé online .
At the moment we do not need a letter of motivation, certificates or the like.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Contact us if you have any questions!
We are pleased that you are considering Roche as a potential employer! Our FAQs will help you with various questions about the application process.
With people. For people.
Do you need further assistance? You can reach our Talent Acquisition Team by phone from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on 0621-759 68642. We will be happy to help you!
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development> Biometrics