RODBC Connection No Longer Functioning on shinyappsio

This app was working fine a month ago. It is not in daily use so I can't track when the error started. Server logs point to this as the issue:

Warning in odbcDriverConnect ("Driver=FreeTDS; TDS_Version=5.0; Server=SERVER; Port=5000; Database=DB; Uid=USN; Pwd=PWD; Encrypt=yes; TrustServerCertificate=no; Connection Timeout=30;") :

[RODBC] ERROR: state 08S01, code 20009, message [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable or does not exist

Warning in odbcDriverConnect ("Driver=FreeTDS; TDS_Version=5.0; Server=SERVER; Port=5000; Database=DB; Uid=USN; Pwd=PWD; Encrypt=yes; TrustServerCertificate=no; Connection Timeout=30;") :

[RODBC] ERROR: state 08001, code 0, message [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source

ODBC connection failed

Note that spaces were added to the connection string after semicolons for readability and the connection data was redacted. I am trying to connect to a Sybase database. Again, this connection was working for sure on November 8th, and broke sometime in between then and now.

I double checked and our firewall has not been blocking anything from the ip addresses provided in the shinyapps io documentation. The app itself does have privileged and confidential information, so I cannot share it.

I have also tried changing the TDS_Version to 7.0 and 9.0 with no change. The app works fine using a local connection.

Has anyone experienced this issue or anything similar to it?

It was an IP address issue/Firewall issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.