.Rprofile location in AWS EC2 (Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS) server

Hello RStudio Community :wave:. I am following instructions on installing Radiant on a AWS EC2 (Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS) server. The installation was successful, but I have one little problem. In order to activate some features of this package, I need to modify the .Rprofile file on the shiny user (as described here on the "Running Radiant on shiny-server" section).

The problem is that I can't find the file anywhere on the server, not even using the find command. I am fairly new on shiny-server and AWS EC2; so if anyone here knows where I can locate the file I would love that information. I have tried searching for answers on the web, but no luck so far :slightly_frowning_face: .

Thanks.

This support article explains the default locations and corresponding scope of startup files

Also, have in mind that this file doesn't necessarily exist out of the box but you can simply create one (it is a simple text file with R code)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.