RSAP package is not available

Hello RCommunity,

I need to call SAP RFC (remote function call) from R and package RSAP allows it but is not avaiable on CRAN. I've located RSAP folder on library path (/home/rstudio/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.3) and now I get the follwing error:

library(RSAP)
Error in library(RSAP) : ‘RSAP’ is not a valid installed package

Do you know if there is other package to call SAP RFC?

Thank you!

Robert

Have you installed the package locally from the source (if you're on Windows, you'll need Rtools to do so). See more info here:

1 Like

Hello Mara,

thanks for your answer.
I am working in R server (linux) but I have tried to install it with rtools in my local R and I get the same problem:

install.packages("rtools")
Warning in install.packages :
package ‘rtools’ is not available (for R version 3.5.0)

when I install RSAP on R server with "install.packages("RSAP") i get the follwing error:

install.packages("RSAP")
Installing package into ‘/home/rstudio/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.3’ (as ‘lib’ is unspecified) Warning in install.packages : package ‘RSAP’ is not available (for R version 3.3.3)

Could this packages not be available for recent versions?

Thanks for help!!

RTools is not an R package — it’s a bunch of external dependencies bundled into one installer in order to (hopefully) make things a bit easier for Windows users. Since you’re not on Windows, it doesn’t apply to you (those dependencies should already exist on a Linux system, or are easily installed via the system’s package manager).

RSAP appears to have been removed from CRAN. I don’t know why, but this can happen when a package hasn’t been updated to work with newer versions of R and fails CRAN’s build checks.

The package still seems to be available on GitHub. Have you looked at the detailed installation instructions? You might try the method for installing directly from GitHub described there.

Alternatively, you can still download older versions of the package from CRAN and install one of those from the downloaded tarball. This article has a nice explanation of how to install older package versions: https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/219949047-Installing-older-versions-of-packages

1 Like

Hello jcblum,

Thanks for your help it was very useful! Finally I could install it from GitHub following instructions in your post (4). (I had some troubles with some packages but finally works fine!)

Very thankful for your help.

Cheers!

1 Like