Rstudio 1.1.383 Issue on Startup?

Please let me know if I can assist with this Kevin. Happy to provide any more information that may be useful.

Could this be an issue if running multiple RStudio IDE versions? I'm currently running 1.0.153 (which works and was installed by unzipping the zip file), and also trying to run this new version, which hangs on load. Are there any differences in how RStudio state gets generated?

That shouldn't be an issue, but you can try resetting RStudio's state just to ensure that your new installation of RStudio is coming in with a clean slate.

If you have multiple versions at the same time. How do you change file association to the correct version. I have been having problem with this.

This issue seems to be affecting every single user at my university in Sweden. Admins installed the new RStudio version a couple of days ago, and everyone's RStudio started getting the spinning wheel of death.

At first you could open RStudio fine and use the R console without crashing. But as soon as you tried opening up a new rscript, the script pane would show a perpetually spinning wheel.

Sometimes it hangs on startup as well with giant spinning wheel. But that seems to happen when you try to open a .R file with RStudio.

My guess was that it had something to do with admin permissions and/or write privileges. But I'm not sure now that I see the other reports in this thread.

*Edit: University computers run Windows 10.

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. :-/

Unfortunately, we're still not aware of what could be causing this issue. For now, if you're running RStudio in a Windows 'enterprise' environment (especially with e.g. Windows Active Directory, or some other mechanism through which users have their home directory living on a network drive), I would recommend downgrading to RStudio v1.0 until we've been able to ascertain what's going on.

Again, sorry for the trouble -- we do want to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible!

Hi!

We are having this problem if we run RStudio as an Desktop User (non Admin). Running the software with local admin works.
When starting as an ordinary user try to just make a new script file.

Hello everyone,

We have a possible fix in our latest preview build 1.1.393. If you are able to upgrade, let us know if this build fixes the issues.
https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/preview/

This preview build seems to have fixed the issue in my case. Will continue testing and report back if there are any further issues. Thanks Rstudio team!

This also fixed it for me.

The build also fixed for me. Thanks!