RStudio 1.2.1060 Git Window hangs in Desktop and RStudio-Server

rstudio

RStudio 1.2.1060 exe on Windows: Git Window hangs, spinning forever, does not display stage.

The same occurs in rstudio-server-1.1.1060-amd.deb (Server)

Reverted to 1.1.456 and back to 1.2.1060 for the desktop version twice to check

Same for 1061/desktop

help with RStudio waiting forever on commit to git(hub)

Hi,

Sorry you're having that problem. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I did want to suggest that you edit the title of your question (I assume Bookdown contest submission: wasn't what you intended) to be sure that the IDE devs see it.

Thanks,

Mara

Thanks Mara, corrected

Thanks for the bug report! We're aware of the issue and plan to release a new preview release later today to rectify the issue. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for taking the time to test!

help with RStudio waiting forever on commit to git(hub)

Installed 1064. Problem with git window ok, but after some work my computer froze: I realized that about 30 copies of RStudio were running! Never have seen this before.

Reverted to 1.1.

Yikes! That's certainly not expected. We try to keep the preview releases as stable as possible; sorry to hear something like this has snuck in.

We plan to publish a new preview release soon; if you're still willing to give it a test drive we hope you'll find it behaves better than the current iteration of the release has.

git in rstudio preview

Sorry for blaming 1064 for the stacked copies of R (not RStudio).

Here is the culprit (or my stupidity showing):

Thanks for sharing -- glad to hear you were able to get to the bottom of the issue!