RStudio 1.2.1335 Can't save scripts to networked drive

This morning one of my teammates and I updated RStudio (on Windows10) to 1.2 from 1.1, but now we're having an issue where RStudio isn't able to save scripts to our networked drive. It works fine when saving a script to a local drive, but it appears that something has changed in 1.2 in regards to permissions. It is possible to make a new project on the network, but saving scripts or notebooks does not work. Running RStudio as administrator seems to work, but IT isn't going to let us have that power. Is there some solution to this that doesn't involve us elevating permissions? I've pasted the relevant log info below.

01 May 2019 18:48:31 [rsession-RScharf] ERROR system error 5 (Access is denied) [path=//aiig/users/rscharf/My Documents/HVHquotes/.Rproj.user/shared/notebooks/lock_file]; OCCURRED AT: bool __cdecl rstudio::core::FilePath::isDirectory(void) const c:\jenkins\workspace\ide\windows-v1.2\src\cpp\core\filepath.cpp:817; LOGGED FROM: bool __cdecl rstudio::core::FilePath::isDirectory(void) const c:\jenkins\workspace\ide\windows-v1.2\src\cpp\core\filepath.cpp:817

1 Like

I've learned that if you directly map your networked folder to a drive then open your project from that mapped drive's location, saving works properly (and also the git tab). I don't know why this works, but the problem exists for 1.2.1335 and and still existed for daily build 1.3.171.

1 Like

I'm having a similar problem today, can't Save As, even on local drive.

I have RStudio 1.2.1335 - Windows 7+ (64-bit).

R version 3.5.3 (2019-03-11) -- "Great Truth"
Copyright (C) 2019 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

Edit: Seems to be working now? Admin might have locked the folders for backup or something?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.