rstudio 1.2.1335 unable to launch in windows 10

Hi
I have installed R3.6.1 and rstudio 1.2.1335 in windows 10
however i am not able to launch rstudio
the main window appears with the tool bar only, a circle keeps spinning and nothing happen for a long long time.
I check in forums eg. stackover flow and this community. I tried all suggestions and recommendations I found but still no luck.
I have seen in the internet a lot of people facing this problem but no solution. can someone please help .

Do you see the same problem with the current latest release of RStudio (v1.2.5001)? https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/

The more information you can provide, the better the chance of getting to the bottom of this problem. Can you try running a diagnostics report, as described here? rstd.io/support-diagnostics-report

The best way to share the results is usually to upload it somewhere else (Google Drive, GitHub gist, Dropbox, etc) and link to it here.

Hi
yes, i uninstalled r3.6.1 rstudio 1.2.1335, annaconda 3.
reboot, reinstall annaconda3, r3.6.1 and finally rstudio 1.2.5001.
when I run rstudio, just a blank window with toobar .
i cannot run the diagnostics because when i press the help button and other buttons, no responses at all

Thanks for the info!

If you check the link in my last message, it explains how to run a diagnostics report even if RStudio won’t start up. Can you give it a try?

Hi
Thank you very much for your advice.

I could not run the diagnostics even though I run
C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin\Run Diagnostics.lnk.
it just hangs!

I could not find the cause of the problem, however, I manage to get rstudio working after going through the following steps.

1. uninstall R
  2. uninstall rstudio.
  3. use Regedit to delete all entries for rstudio and R
  4. reboot
  5. reinstall r
  6. reinstall rstudio

rstudio 1.2.5001 is work now.
perhaps the problem is some old registry links are not cleared.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.