Description of issue
RStudio preview 1.2.xxxx hangs on a white screen when I start it. After hitting reload in the drop down menu the IDE shows up but hangs upon any click and won't respond. Possible culprits are
- most recent version of MacOS Mojave beta build (10.14.4 Beta (18E215a)) to which I recently updated or
- the attempt to use new features of reticulate package integration to execute Python code.
Rstudio preview used to work normally before updating MacOS to recent beta and attempting using reticulate.
Attempted steps taken to fix
- I tried all the solutions offered on this page https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200488508-RStudio-Desktop-Will-Not-Start .
- Also tried to clean install older preview builds that used to work before.
- RStudio Edition: Desktop
- RStudio Version: RStudio-1.2.1327 (and older builds starting from RStudio-1.2.1292)
- OS Version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 Beta (18E215a)
- R Version: 3.5.2 (2018-12-20) -- "Eggshell Igloo"
- Output your diagnostics report:
link to full report https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h7hy8o5xt2f8dh/diagnostics-report.txt?dl=0
- Output in terminal:
Using R script: /usr/local/Cellar/r/3.5.2_2/bin/R
Attempting to launch R session...
R session launched, attempting to connect on port 37748...
Connected to R session, attempting to initialize...
Successfully initialized R session.
Diagnostics report written to: /Users/gerasy/rstudio-diagnostics/diagnostics-report.txt