RStudio accessing Word and/or PDF Previewer?

I am running RStudio 1.4.1056 along with R 4.03 on Big Sur 11.0.1... Everything R and RStudio seems fine. However, if I click on a .docx or .pdf file in the file pane, it will no longer open. I presume this is not an IDE issue, per se, but rather a permissions issue... I cannot find any suggestion that others are having similar problems, so it must just be me, but for something that ought to be simple, I can not figure it out. I do find that it will open .Rmd or .R or .tex files, just not those calling outside apps. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am experiencing the same problem (pdf files, have not checked with Word document files).
Running RStudio 1.3.1093 (R 4.0.3) on MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1.
Same problem in:

• iMac Retina 5K 27 inch 2017
  • MacBook Pro 13 inch 2020 4 ports
    The turning point was definitively the change from Catalina to Big Sur.
    Sorry for not being of particular help

Thanks for reporting this. This will be fixed in an upcoming build of the 1.4 preview release. See the issue reported here: https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues/8506

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.