paid / full-time / USA-Remote
RStudio is hiring Sales Executives into an exceptional Sales culture.
But don't take our word for it...
Dylan Lackey joined the team in March of 2021 and here's what he has to say about that decision.
"𝘐 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘙𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘪𝘰'𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵.
𝘐 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯.
𝘙𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘪𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘣𝘺 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘲𝘶𝘰𝘵𝘢, 𝘢 𝘬𝘪𝘤𝘬-𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘴𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺.
𝘔𝘺 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘐'𝘮 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳.
𝘙𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘪𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦, 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘥 𝘐 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦."
If you're looking for a place like Dylan or know a Sales professional that might be - the link to apply is in the comments.
We are looking for our next Account Executive to join the RStudio team! In this role you will be responsible for pursuing new sales prospects, cross-selling and upselling to select existing customers, and achieving sales quotas while ensuring customer satisfaction.
A Bit About Us
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. We create free open-source data science software, as well as our complimentary professional software suite that enables organizations to author, share, and manage data science applications. Our Sales team is directly responsible for the sales of the professional software. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python.
50% of the Fortune 1,000 use RStudio to solve their most difficult business problems.
Why You’ll Love RStudio
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
Although we’re very proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future because the Data Science industry is growing by 30% YoY! We want to create a world-class culture that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing sales team, will be building personal relationships and making our prospective customers successful.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for leveraging your sales experience to communicate with potential clients to deeply understand their needs, determine and crisply communicate how RStudio can uniquely address those needs, develop a preference for RStudio’s professional software, negotiate and close business, and - along with your Customer Success counterpart(s) - support the customer through onboarding and ongoing value realization. This includes both expansion opportunities with current customers and net-new customers. You must be able to forecast sales activity and revenue achievement while creating satisfied and referenceable customers. To thrive in this role, you will work with Customer Success, MDRs and SDRs to drive current customer growth and generate new business opportunities. You will keep up with industry trends, the competitive landscape, and customer needs.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues, you will also have the opportunity to sell impactful and revolutionary software that is changing the way the world uses data. You will have an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
If you're passionate about helping forge customer partnerships and providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then becoming an Account Executive at RStudio is the path for you!
A Bit About You
- You have at least 1+ years of B2B Software Sales experience, with a track record of success. You have either sold in a technical sales motion, or have otherwise demonstrated your ability to understand technical concepts and tie technical capabilities to business value.
- You are highly organized and thrive in a high-velocity environment that, although reasonable and respectful, often has ambiguities and competing priorities.
- You are internally driven by curiosity and continuous learning. You have proven that you can be entrusted with big decisions, and you strive to bring thoughtfulness and empathy to all of your work.
- You are humble, and collaborate well with other people. You thrive working within a team, and exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are self-motivated, reliable, and can function effectively in a distributed team.
- Once travel and in-person meetings can be conducted safely, you are available to travel occasionally as needed.
- It is a strong plus if you have domain experience in data science or the broader analytics space.
Within 1 Month, you’ll…
- Complete your new hire orientation where you’ll learn about the RStudio community with millions of users of our open source software.
- Learn about our software and the skills necessary to set you up for success.
- Begin 1:1s with your manager, regularly meet with the RStudio sales team, and meet with RStudio Executives.
- Build your 30 / 60 / 90 day plan as well as your annual plan for success.
- Listen and learn from fellow Account Executives.
- Introduce yourself via email and/or video call to all of your assigned accounts.
- Begin selling!
Within 3 Months, You’ll…
- Have a strong understanding of RStudio and feel comfortable pitching our software.
- Meet regularly with your peers, Manager, and prospective customers to become an expert on the value of our products, talk track and the RStudio sales process.
- Continue your education around RStudio’s competitive advantage and continue to strengthen your industry knowledge.
- Become an expert with our internal tools and processes.
Within 6 Months, You’ll…
- Meet or exceed your quota.
- Continue to focus on the objectives within your annual plan.
- Navigate and execute most aspects of your role independently (though help is always available).
Within 12 Months, You’ll…
- Be seen as a trusted business-advisor and RStudio expert, making a significant impact on the Sales Team.
- Be considered a top-performing AE on the team by consistently exceeding your goals.
- Set an example for new Account Executives, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new team members.
Why You Should Work for RStudio:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive President, empathic and smart teammates, and people who actually care for you.
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach.
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization.
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas.
You’re a talented top performer but not convinced this role is for you?
Connect with Jason Smith, the hiring manager for this role.
- 100% distributed team (work from anywhere in the US with reliable internet, or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- A profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Apply for this position