RStudio asking for certificate

So after reformatting my computer and transferring my data back, whenever I boot RStudio or change project sessions, I am prompted to accept a certificate.

I have actually clicked install multiple times and successfully installed the "required" certificate but this keeps on repeating again and again.

This happens 3-4 times, clicking install certificate then OK and finally RStudio boots. You can see how this gets really annoying everytime I need to reopen my session.

Specifically the certificate is named ACCVRAIZ1 with an "issuer statement" of

"Autoridad de Certificación Raíz de la ACCV (Agencia de Tecnología y Certificación Electrónica, CIF Q4601156E). CPS en http://www.accv.es"

I have no affiliation with this body nor have seen this thing before in my past experience. I also do not like the idea of accepting a random certificate for the sake of it, even more that I have to do the whole process again and again everytime I boot RStudio

I re-installed RStudio but this happens again... weird? Also when launching Rstudio the UAC warnings indicate that the publisher is UNKNOWN and file origin: hard drive on computer which might be the reason for the lack of "trust" of the software? (just a guess)

Anyway i'd love it if somebody could explain to me why this happens and how to stop it!

Thanks

Hi savvas, sorry you're having this issue.

Some system Information could be useful in diagnosing this

#### System Information:
- RStudio Edition: (Desktop or Server)
- RStudio Version: 
- OS Version: 
- R Version: 

#### Also:
<!-- Depending on your issue, the following may be useful /-->
<!-- If a section isn't relevant or you can't collect it just delete that section below /-->
- RStudio diagnostics report: <!--see rstd.io/support-diagnostics-report /-->
- Your `sessionInfo()`:
- RStudio crash report: <!-- rstd.io/support-crash-report /-->
- RStudio application log files: <!-- rstd.io/support-ide-log-files /-->

Hey Curtis,

I am unsure what exactly you refer to but I am running

Windows 10 64bit
R 3.5.0
RStudio 1.1.456 (desktop)

> sessionInfo()
R version 3.5.0 (2018-04-23)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows >= 8 x64 (build 9200)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_United Kingdom.1252   
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United Kingdom.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C                           
[5] LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252    

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base     

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_3.5.0  rsconnect_0.8.8 tools_3.5.0     yaml_2.2.0 
1 Like

Hi,

We don't require any kind of certificate like this to be installed with RStudio. Our guess from your description is that there's some kind of local proxy that may be running on your machine that's coming up here - the desktop IDE is actually technically a web browser that's connecting to your local R session, so if you have something in place to route your web traffic that may be popping up here and looking to add this cert to the RStudio internal browser. We'd suggest checking your Internet and security settings and see if anything is reaching out to that particular site or requiring that certificate be installed for all network traffic.

Thanks,
Ian

1 Like

I am completely unaware of anything like this, so definitely this isnt happening under my intention.

Also this happens both at home and work hence I doubt its something from a specific network. My guess it is running on my local computer. How can I go to check this?

It's hard to say without knowing what's causing this. You may want to check your local network settings and see if there's any proxy configured there. If you didn't intend to set anything like this up, it might also be worth running a virus scan to make sure your traffic isn't being modified by some kind of malware.